Below are the guidelines for potential National Honor Society members:
1) 3.5 cumulative grade point average (no rounding) at end of second semester
2) 30 service hours ( at least 3 separate sites) Use the Community Service form to record your hours found on the Riverside webpage or in the RHS main office. (hours may be recorded starting August 1, of the summer before 9th grade to time the forms are due)
* August 1, 2018 current 9th graders
* August 1, 2017 current 10th graders
* August 1, 2016 current 11th graders
3) Involvement in school activity, club or team ( Please see the list at the bottom - at least one; more encouraged certainly)
4) School or Community Leadership positions ( elected or appointed)
5) Letters of recommendation required with submission of forms from 4 different people ( may not be a relative)
1 Leadership recommendation from a Riverside teacher
1 Leadership recommendation from a Community member
1 Character recommendation from a Riverside teacher
1 Character recommendation from a Community member
All recommendations must have the person’s signature
Must provide a hard copy of the recommendation letter included in the packet when submitted in the Fall.
6) An essay of 2-3 pages, using MLA format describing why they are qualified for membership to National Honor Society. (12pt. font size, Times Roman is preferred font)
You and your Parents should receive a letter by the end of August notifying you that you have qualified for consideration for membership in the National Honor Society here at Riverside High School by virtue of achieving a 3.5 + cumulative GPA.
If you are interested in applying, all forms must be picked up from the National Honor Society Adviser after receiving a letter in August.
If you do not receive a letter and your GPA is 3.5+ please check with your Guidance Counselor or the NHS Adviser the first week of school. The date for submittance of all completed forms to the NHS Adviser will be included in the August letter.
For the remainder of the 2018-19 school year if you have any questions please contact Mrs. Bartholomew at email@example.com
Extra and Co-Curricular Riverside Activities
Track & Field
Student Council JRW
Student Council RHS
Fellowship of Christian Athletes
National Honor Society