UPDATED MAY 28
Information for the Latchkey Summer Program can be found here.
UPDATED MAY 25
Each building in the District has created a plan for students to safely and properly retrieve any personal belongings that they left at school. More details can be found here.
UPDATED MAY 18
The last day of distance learning for students K-11 will be Thursday, May 28. The last day of distance learning for seniors will be Thursday, May 21.
All students, K-12, will have until Friday, June 5 to complete missing assignments.
UPDATED MAY 15
* District Nurse Heidi Perry has an update for all families in the District. Please reach out to your pediatrician for guidance on when to resume well child visits so you can catch up on or maintain your child’s immunization schedule. At this time, it is still mandated that all pupils entering 7th and 12th grade are required to be vaccinated against meningococcal disease along with the Tdap vaccine prior to 7th grade. The full update can be seen here.
UPDATED MAY 13
* Updated information about Riverside High School's Graduation Plan can be found here.
* Meal Services will be provided until through the end of June. More information here.
UPDATED APRIL 27
* Parents & Guardians - Please check your email for a distance learning survey that we sent out. We want to hear how your experience with distance learning has been so far. The survey will be live until 2 p.m. on Friday, May 1. We look forward to hearing your feedback.
UPDATED APRIL 25
* The District has posted an update about its 2nd Semester Grading Policy for the 2019-2020 school year, which can be seen here.
UPDATED APRIL 22
* District Nurse Heidi Perry shows us the six steps for properly washing our hands. You can see the video here.
UPDATED APRIL 20
* Governor Mike DeWine announced that the state ordered school closure will now go through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Online Learning will continue for the remainder of the school year.
UPDATED APRIL 15
* Staff members across the District wanted to share positive messages with students and families while they are away from school. You can see the video here.
UPDATED APRIL 9
* The next phase of Distance Learning will beging on Tuesday, April 14. For more details, click here.
UPDATED APRIL 7
* Important updates to meal services during this extended closure can be found here.
UPDATED APRIL 6
* We understand that not all families in the District have access to the internet. Click here to read about options that may be available to you during this time.
UPDATED APRIL 2
* Updated information about Prom and Graduation Ceremony can be read here.
UPDATED MARCH 30
* Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced that the state ordered school closure will now go through at least Friday, May 1. He said he will re-evaluate that date closer to May 1.
* Information about Tech Support During Online Instruction can be seen here.
UPDATED MARCH 29
* Updated information about Distance Learning can be seen here.
* For information on how the Board will conduct its March 31 Board of Education Meeting, click here.
UPDATED MARCH 27
The 2020 Ohio Primary Election originally scheduled for March 17, 2020 will now be conducted by absentee ballot through April 28. To receive an absentee ballot, voters must submit an Absentee Ballot Application through their county Board of Elections. The Riverside Local School District is part of the Lake County School Financing District Renewal Levy (Issue 2) that will appear on the Primary Election ballot. Because this is a renewal levy, there will be NO TAX INCREASE for residents. More details can be found here.
UPDATED MARCH 23
Beginning Monday, March 30, the Riverside Local School District will be
providing students with breakfast and lunch meals on Mondays and
Wednesdays throughout the duration of the state ordered school closure.
Meals will be packaged for multiple days.
Pick-up will be every
Monday and every Wednesday between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. at the Latchkey
entrance at Riverview Elementary (845 Madison Avenue, Painesville
Eating areas will not be available on-site and
parents and guardians are responsible for getting to and from Riverview
Elementary to receive their meals.
The pick-up will be drive-up service only. Please do not get out of your vehicle. Someone will come to your car to get your child's name(s) and then bring the meals to you. Students do not need to be present and we would prefer only one person per family come to pick the meals up. We are following guidance from the health department to limit exposure and maintain social distancing. This is to protect both staff and families.
If you have any questions, or need more information, please contact our Nutrition Services Director, Michelle Gifford at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATED MARCH 20
Attention Juniors and Seniors:
We have been looking at alternate dates for both Prom and Graduation, should there be a need to reschedule both events. We have secured Friday, June 12 as a back-up date for the Junior & Senior Prom at the Croatian Hall.
We have also secured Sunday, June 14 as a back-up date for the Graduation Ceremony at Mentor High School. If restrictions are not lifted in June, we have also had conversations with both locations about July dates as well.
Please know that we are doing everything possible to have both of these cherished events for our Juniors and Seniors. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding and we will continue to update everyone as we receive more information.
Please contact our Senior Class Advisor, Jaime McIntyre at email@example.com for any specific questions related to Prom or Graduation.
UPDATED MARCH 17
* Click HERE to see a list of community resource options for Riverside families during this extended school closure.
* A Message from School Counselors
UPDATED MARCH 16
MEAL SERVICE: The District is currently exploring options for meal services during this extended closure. Parents and guardians, please check your e-mail as the District has sent out a survey to see what the needs are.
ONLINE & DISTANCE LEARNING: Our teachers are using this week to plan for online and distance learning, which will begin on Monday, March 30. Click here for more information about the District's online and distance learning plan.
UPDATED MARCH 14
As you are aware, all school buildings in the Riverside Local School District will be closed until at least April 3. Our goal is to continue with online and distance learning beginning Monday, March 30 for grades 3-12. Additional details will be sent to families early next week.
Details were sent home on Friday to parents of students in Grades K-2 about continuing instruction through Learning Binders.
We understand that not all families in the District have internet capabilities. We wanted to share this information from Charter Communications, who are offering free internet access for 60-days to households with students from kindergarten to college who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription. Families can enroll by calling 1-844-488-8395. Click here for more information.
Please share this information with any families you know who do NOT have internet access.
UPDATED MARCH 13
If your child has medication stored at a school clinic - and you would like to pick up your child's medication to have during this extended time off, please pick the medication up by the end of the school day Friday, March 13 or call the respective clinic to make arrangements to pick up the medication on Monday, March 16.
UPDATED MARCH 12
As you are likely aware by now, the developments of COVID-19 have reached unprecedented levels, where news, updates and information are being released at a rapid speed. Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced that all schools in the State of Ohio will be closed from Monday, March 16 until at least April 3.
Friday, March 13 will be the final day schools are open to students. On Monday, March 16, District Administrators and Staff members will prepare plans for online/distance learning to begin on March 30. We will send further updates once more details are available.
With all schools closing, this also means that all activities, events, athletics, clubs, trips, etc. are also cancelled until further notice.
The District will continue to stay in contact with – and take direction from – Ohio Governor Mike Dewine’s Office, The Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio Department of Health and the Lake County General Health District.
Please also see the below updates.
COMMUNICATING WITH THE DISTRICT
Should the District experience a COVID-19 case, we will take direction from the CDC, the Ohio Department of Health and the Lake County General Health District regarding proper procedures moving forward.
If you become aware of any personal exposure that may impact Riverside Local Schools, please contact our District Nurse Heidi Perry at 440-358-8304, or send an email to: Heidi.Perry@riversideschools.net. Email would be the preferable reporting procedure. Information needed would be your name, your child’s name, grade level and school that they attend. Reports would then be routed accordingly to the Lake County General Health District as well.
Riverside Local Schools remains committed to the protection of the confidentiality of all school community members including students and staff.
SPRING BREAK TRAVEL
Please be advised that the CDC and U.S. Department of State have been updating their travel advisories in response to the global presence of COVID-19.
You can view those advisories in the below links:
U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories
CDC Information for Travel
If you have plans to travel to any region that is assigned a travel risk advisory Level Three or Level Four by the U.S. State Department or the CDC, we ask that you please notify us in advance of Spring Break. Your student will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arrival home.
In addition, the State Department is warning against travel on cruise ships, noting that such travel increases one’s risk of exposure to COVID-19. If your family is planning to take a cruise over the upcoming Spring Break, we ask that you please inform us of your plans; you may be asked to follow the same protocol as those who travel to regions assigned a Level Three or Level Four risk factor.
We are requesting your cooperation in reporting planned international travel and/or cruises to District Nurse Heidi Perry at 440.358.8304 or Heidi.Perry@riversideschools.net so that we may monitor travel in relation to health advisories.
These precautions are being implemented to protect the health of students and staff. We ask that you understand and abide by these conditions. This information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
We want to ensure parents that the District’s maintenance staff will continue to sanitize and disinfect all classrooms, bathrooms, cafeterias, equipment, desks and common areas with heightened attention.
The maintenance staff is also using all available subs and hiring extra staff to help with the sanitizing and disinfecting.
In addition, our transportation staff have been doing extra cleaning and disinfecting of the buses which consists of disinfecting surfaces that are touched often including, but not limited to: handrails, seats, tops of seatbacks, interior walls, inside of the windows, entrance doors and more.
We are asking parents/guardians to help in the effort to minimize the spread of this and other viruses by following the recommendations from the CDC, which are the same recommendations that everyone should practice during flu season:
* Wash hands frequently for a duration of at least 20 seconds
* Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue
or by using your sleeve or elbow
* Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
* Stay home when sick and don’t return to school for at least 24 hours of being fever-free without the use of medication
We will continue to update you as information becomes available. If you have other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact our district offices.
BASIC COVID-19 INFORMATION
If you have additional concerns, the Ohio Department of Health has opened a call center to answer questions about COVID-19. The call center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and can be reached at 1-833-427-5634.
The call center staff includes licensed nurses and infectious disease experts, who are available to answer questions and provide accurate information about COVID-19, the risk to the public and the state's response.
You can also follow recent updates about COVID-19 in the following links:
Ohio Department of Health: https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/home
Lake County General Health District: https://www.lcghd.org/2019-novel-coronavirus-ncov/